Dienstag, 16. September 2014

Last Minute

Hey dolls,

I'm very very excited right now, not only because university started again this week, but even more because I'll be flying to London on friday!!
I've never been there before (a shame, I know), the reason why I'm going now is that there''ll be a big Lolita tea party: The Tea Party Club celebrates it's 7th Anniversary, called Revelry, and I'm very honoured to have a stand there, where I'll be selling dresses and accessoires from my etsy-shop Medusa Couture.

So these past weeks, I've been busy preparing my stand and actually had already planned my outfits. But then I felt like wearing these shoes (haven't put them on for quite a while), probably because of all the excitement about London  and Britain and anyways (^.^)

 Btw; yes that's me wearing jeans - omg right? ^^

The shoes are not only extremely awesome, but they also inspired me to make a new dress for London. Not that I would have any time to spare, but I've always always wanted to go to London and the UK in general, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to express my devotion. Go big or go home, right?


I'm super happy with how it turned out. I didn't line it and I didn't have a lot of time, so the inside looks quite messy, but no one sees that anyways. I'll probably sew another layer of chiffon under the bottom ruffle, as you can see, the (white) petticoat is visible (>.<)




For the skirt part, I basically  made 3/4 of a British flag, gathered it and sewed it on the dress. I really like the asymetrical look with the two corners just casually hanging down.


I tried to photograph the Union Jack part, I hope it's visible at least a bit (^.^)

That's quite another type of English Patchwork (^.-)


I couldn't decide whether I wanted the lacing in the back to be white or black, so I took both and made a double lacing.
However, I had expected that the result would be a little more elaborate... like this it's rather a detail, but I like it nevertheless.


The bow on the top is sewn on a pin, so I can remove  and relocate it. Naturally I couldn't resist to match it with the skirt (^.^)



4 Kommentare:

  1. Woooooow this dress looks perfect !!!! In combination with the shoes it's a real masterpiece *__*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Fantastic dress. It always looks odd when someone comes to your home city and you see it from their perspective. Have fun!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Have a splendid stay in London, dear *_* Ich liebe diese Stadt so sehr, ich hoffe, dass es dir auch gefallen wird! Und das Kleid ist toll, toll, toll geworden! Ach, da fehlen mir die Worte. Ich finde dieses Kleid zeigt ganz besonders, dass du super nähen kannst und herrlich kreative Ideen hast! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Amazing dress dear! I hope you have a lovely time in London :)

    AntwortenLöschen