Samstag, 25. Januar 2014

Lavender Flourishes For Me In Winter, Too

Hi my dear Snow Princesses,

how are you doing in winter? Do you enjoy the cold, snowy weather or do you prefer to cuddle up inside with a cup of hot chocolate?
I definitively love winter, with all its aspects. One of them is that you can wear many layers of cute, comfy clothes (*.*)

Currently, I'm more into pastels than dark colours. I also needed new wooly accessoires to keep me warm, but because I couldn't find anything pretty I could afford, I decided to get my knitting needles out again and knit them myself!


Hat and gloves are already finished, I'm still working on the scarf. The pattern is not as complicated as it looks like, but you need to concentrate and I'm not a very fast knitter, too. I still hope I can finish the scarf before summer (^.-)


I used Madeleine wool from Buttinette in lavender. It's 100% Merino, super soft and not scratchy at all. The colour is beautiful, and I also like how well the pattern is visible.
I took this pattern for the gloves, the hat I made freestyle. For the scarf, I use this pattern but altered it slighty so it would get wider.



6 Kommentare:

  1. Ooh, I adore the color of the yarn you chose. It looks like a really nice shade and tone. I have never knitted before (just crochet), what is it like? Any tips for someone who might want to get into it? What you've made so far looks so beautiful and comfy too. I like it when wool accessories have nice chunky chains. (Chains? Is that what you call them?) I can't wait to see them finished and part of an outfit. Good luck with the scarf!

    ---

    Lady Lavender's Expressions

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I learned knitting in school, I think it quite easy, you just need a little practise. It's probably best if you have someone to show you the different stitches, but there are also tons of tutorials online, like on blogs, youtube etc. You can find many patterns on ravelry, most are free too :)

      Löschen
  2. Wow, this looks wonderful. The scarf pattern is amazing. And so great you made a whole set! I really have to revive my knitting skills...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you dear! I'm very fond of the scarf pattern too, but I kinda regret it now because it takes ages, I need around 2,5 hours for one repeat >.<

      Löschen